World Constitution and Parliament Association (WCPA) Mission is to realise the dream "...I go back with the hope, maybe the assurance, that here at San Francisco we have taken a step; we have made a move; we have advanced; and that sooner or later, perhaps sooner rather than later, there will be that far-off Divine event to which the whole creation moves: the convocation of the parliament of man, the establishment of the Federation of the World."
(Last line of the concluding speech of Sir. Arcot Ramaswamy Mudaliar, Leader of Indian delegation to San Francisco Conference- Source: Documents of the United Nations Conference on International Organization San Francisco, 1945 Volume XI Commission iii Security Council Page.178)
Sir. Arcot Ramaswamy Mudaliar Leader of Indian delegation to San Francisco Conference, speaking at UN
Objectives of WCPA:
WCPA is actively engaged in promoting:
- The Vision of Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam (World is one Family)
- Global Harmony & Peace
- Global Education
- Global Ecological Sustainability
- Strategy for invoking Art.109(3) of UN Charter
- The Earth Constitution
- The Unity in Diversity of Nations and Peoples
- Environmental Protection & Stop Climate collapse
- Amicable relations between Nations under the rule of law
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Empowerment of Global Grassroots for Prosperity and Equity
- Global Talent Pool and Skill development
WCPA through its sustained actions seeks to secure
- World Government:The comprehensive objective, to be achieved in progressive stages, is a democratic, non-military, federal world government, which can solve world problems peacefully and administer those affairs which transcend national boundaries for the benefit of humanity everywhere.
- World Parliament: The World Government will have a representative World Parliament to enact world legislation, with one chamber elected by the people;
- World Executive: A World Executive responsible to the Parliament, with authority to implement world legislation directly;
- World Judiciary: A World Judiciary with mandatory enforcement of decisions; and
- Other supporting Organisations: such other organs as are desirable and necessary for the adequate and effective solution of world problems and management of global affairs.